Sunday, March 11, 2018

Top o' the Mornin'

     For all my good intentions of working on things for an upcoming yard sale, I got hit with a flu bug and have spent most of the last 48 hours either in bed or hugging the porcelain throne!   However, I had this card made and thought I had pre-scheduled the post but when I dragged myself out of bed to link it up to the various challenges, I discovered I hadn't even written the post.  Arrrg! 

     The image is from Rick St. Dennis and is one of most most delightful of my "leprechaun" images.  I know I haven't used it before even though I've had it a while.


I started with the sketch from Feeling Sketchy
but I turned it a quarter turn and
 then flipped it side to side.


     I colored him with my ProMarkers, then cut him with a stitched die from Die-namics.  I cut the frame with another die in that same set, using a scrap of dp from the leftovers basket.  The striped background paper was also a scrap.

     I used glittered washi tape to make the gold stripes and added on of my hand-sewn bows with a tiny pearl.  Finally, I printed the sentiment, hand-cut it, and layered it onto the image piece so that it went out-of-the-box.

     Challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft
Crafts Galore Encore
Cards in Envy
Createful Heart
Die Cuttin' Divas
DL.ART
Morgan's ArtWorld
Outlawz Festive Friday
Pattie's Creations
Scribbles Designs
Star Stampz
Sum More Fun

     OK, I've taken more than 2 hours to type up this post but it was punctuated with more than a few ache-y muscles and a wave or two of nausea, so I'm going to crawl back in bed and see if the world will just go away for a while.  If I'm MIA for a couple of days, you'll know why.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

24 comments:

jimlynn said...

Nothing like a little Irish jig to make me smile this afternoon. CUTE card and I do love that image.
Hope you start feeling better!
Lynn

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is great. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Great image and so nicely coloured too. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing this delightful fellow! We are happy that you've joined in our Createful Heart Design Challenge this month, and we hope to see you again! Best of luck with your entry! ♥
Mary Smith Owner/Artist - https://createfulheartcards.blogspot.com/

Sherri Thacker said...

Look how cute this little guy is! And its perfect for our green challenge at Cards in Envy. Thanks for sharing! Hope you feel better soon!!

Linda Simpson said...

Oh no poor you, get well soon my friend. This is a wonderful card and love this image too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Beth F. said...

What a wonderful St. Patty's day card! That leprechaun is so much fun. Thank you for joining us for the SumMore Fun mood board challenge.

jimlynn said...

Perfect paper and design for this cute little guy! LOVE your card!!!

Oh NO!!! Feel better soon and take care of yourself. The flu is nothing to mess around with. I'll be thinking of you.

Lynn

LisaM said...

Love your cute leprechaun! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

mum of two said...

What a cute leprechaun! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Judy V said...

Fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Morgan’s ArtWorld!

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Your coloring is amazing, and love your embellishing! Thanks for joining us over at SumMore fun for our mood board challenge! ~DT Jamie

Pattie G said...

This is perfect for our current challenge “Lots of Green” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
What a cute image!
Pattie
Artist & Owner

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

Oh My your coloring and sketch are beautiful.. Thank you for joining us over at SumMoreFun Challenges ~ DT MaryAnn

Lisa Mensing said...

He just makes me smile, super cute! Thanks for sharing at SumMore Fun Challenges. DT Lisa

Andree said...

A fabulous card Connie. Super image and papers. Hope you're over your flu attack now.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Amy Martin said...

Super cute and perfect for our mood board. Thank you for joining in our challenge over at SumMoreFun. DT-Amy

Janice said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Janice DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS card, a great Leprechaun.

Sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you are better now.
Faith
x

DIANA L. said...

WOW!!! great coloring super interesting image.I love it.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge # 224 “GREEN” or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Andreja said...

Beautiful card you made. I like the way have you used our sketch :-))
Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy.

Hanne said...

Wonderful card. Love how you have used the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

Granmargaret said...

Great card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Scribbles Designs… your card fits perfectly with our “Go for Green” challenge theme… Hope you will be able to join us again very soon and Good Luck in the draw.
[Diane Louise, DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]