Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Merry UnBirthday!

     Many years ago, I had a dear friend who celebrated "Not My Birthday" exactly 6 months after her birthday.  That was my first introduction to what today is called an "UnBirthday."  But now I have a friend who says birthdays stopped being fun when she was too old for childhood birthday parties and she simply refuses to celebrate (or even tell anyone) when it's her birthday.

     So, this card is for her and may she have many more "Not My Birthdays."


     The image is by Rick St. Dennis and I colored it with ProMarkers.  The two side cuts were done with a border die from Spellbinders and I had to carefully line up the top corner where the cuts meet in order to get the scallop.  I did that by lining up the hole in the middle of the scallop.

     I used shiny purple paper for the card front and then found charcoal CS to use as the background for the image piece.  I layered those together, wrapped with sparkly, silver ribbon and added the image on top.  The little silver bow was the only added embellishment.

     Challenges:
Color Inspiration Monday
Crafty Creations
Crafty Sentiments
Inspiration Destination
Lemon Shortbread
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Simon Says Stamp
Sparkle n Glitter
Unicorn

     I hope your week is going well and that a mild sun is shining in your part of the world.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun card for someone who doesn't want to celebrate their birthday!! Love the image!

Linda Simpson said...

This is brilliant, love this image! The layout is wonderful too with another of your cute bows.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A GREAT card that will be very much appreciated I'm sure. Good idea to send her a card anyway LOL.
Faith
x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Cute card; great idea. hugs, Teresa

Wendy said...

adorable card!! Your friend is certainly tickled by it!! One of these days you may land on her real birthday since she doesn't tell!!! I love the celebration of this card & am so glad you have shared the fun in the PIP Challenge :) Have a great week ;)

Monique's art said...

fabulous love the idea :-)

thanks for entering the Sparkle and Glitter challenge

love
Mo
RSD EDT

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a charming card you've made here! And I absolutely love the story behind it! I loved the idea of celebrating an un-birthday at the 6-month mark! And I have a lot of friends who want to skip birthdays, too, so I love the versatility of this card. It's always nice when cards are personalized and this is really amazing in terms of your artistic skills! Thank you so much for a delightful post to read and a lovely card to see. We appreciate you taking the time to share your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Marja said...

Cute card!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
Marja GDT.

laurigami said...

Cute card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
Laurigami

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x