Thursday, August 24, 2017

Teabag Folding for a Birthday

     This is my first attempt at 'teabag folding' on a card and it's time consuming but something I will no doubt try again since I really like the end result.

     There's nothing all that fancy about the actual folds - just strips of dp folded in half - but layering them properly to get the effect I wanted took some time since I was working without specific instructions.  I had a photo of a project someone else had done and I was working from that but working from the back when you're looking at a photo of the front... yeah, not the easiest thing.  lol


     I used a die cut, CS frame made by using two dies from a Spellbinders set and all the papers are layered onto it from the back.  All the papers came from a card kit which had been in my stash for at least 4 years.  I never did make any of the suggested cards, but at least the papers and one of the the sentiment pieces were used here.

     Once all the papers were layered onto the back side of the frame, I added dimensional foam tape to adhere it to the card front.  I added the sentiment and the polka dot bow and left it alone, wanting the focus to be on the folded papers.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafty Creations
Die Cutting Divas
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrapy Land
TTCRD

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous! I love the papers you have used and beautiful design which really "pops" against the black. Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Connie! Your choices of colors and pattern papers are beautiful! You have those papers spaced perfectly apart! hugs, de

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful, loving the colours and your wee bow!
hugs
Glenda

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

This is such a unique and beautiful card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Maria Valente said...

How gorgeous! Thanks for entering our AGoes Challenge at Penny's. Hope you join us again for our next challenge.
Mary (DT) scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt

sarascloset said...

Wow! That's a lot of folding, and with a spectacular result! Great to use up those hoarded goodies! thank you for sharing your card with us at Scrapy Land in our Anything Goes challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Iris folding is something that looks so difficult to do and looks wonderful, especially with papers you have used, this is lovely.
Faith
x

Deepti Aggarwal said...

So beautiful...I just love it..It is my must try list...somehow it's looks so complicated to me..:)..But I really love the papers you have used..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugsxx Deepti Aggarwal

mum of two said...

This is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Unknown said...

Ooo lovely Nana Connie!
Thank you for sharing with us over at Crafting With An Attitude Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Mary DT Member for Crafting With An Attitude...

BożenA said...

Beautiful card! Very elegant.
Thank you for joining our challenge in Crafting With An Attitude.
Regards,
BozenA DT CWAA