Thursday, August 10, 2017

Let Us Eat Cake

     This crazy little "Cake Monster" from Gerda Steiner Designs was just too cute to ignore!   It's the image from the monthly Progressive Challenge and I started working on it practically the moment I got it.  :-D


     This is actually a 'window' card in that the card front is die cut (Memory Box), leaving a scalloped hole and the image is on the inside of the card.

     I colored the image with my ProMarkers, trimmed it to the size of the A2 card and mounted it on the inside.  I printed the sentiment, fussy cut it and adhered it to the card front.  This is another ombre card front.  I bought a stack of ombre CS in various colors and I'm having a lot of fun using them for card bases.

     This time, I decided it only needed minimal embellishment, so I added the sheer, purple-ribbon bow. Because there wasn't a lot of room along the sides of the window, I added a small tab sticking into the window and then adhered the bow to it so that the tab was hidden by the bow.

     1 more card for the birthday stash.  :-D

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Crafting by Designs
Kraftin' Kimmie
Outlawz Greetings
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrapy Land
Simon Says Stamp
Unicorn 

     That's all I have for today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous, LOVE the colours, such a cutie monster.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

Yes please! Gorgeous image and love the ombre effect of the background card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Oh this little purple guy really makes me smile!! I just love the soft glow from the candle you've added here Connie! HUGS

Jackie T said...

Hi this is such a cute card. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 24 “Mystical and Magical.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Maria Valente said...

Very cute card! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges. We look foward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs, Mary (DT)

Marilyn Webb said...

Such a cute little monster!! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

Barbara said...

Super fun card, your little monster is adorable! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara