Sunday, August 27, 2017

Embroidered Flowers

     I shared my embroidered kitten with you last week and promised you more cards with appliques as I got them made.  This one today was done using the very first patterns I tried on the new data card for my sewing machine, but these are not the first samples I did.

     For these, I invested in some spools of variegated embroidery threads which I used for the stems and leaves.  The darker threads in the pink and yellow flowers were done by using the computerized program and changing the thread when the program stops and tells you to change thread.  Very simple and those two parts of the program were done last.



     No coloring, obviously, but I adhered two colors of CS together, then cut them as one piece with a stitched die from Die-namics.  I used fabric glue to adhere the embroidery to that.  The background dp came from the Whimsy stack by DCWV and I wrapped it one time with a narrow, green ribbon.  I added one of my hand sewn bows and it was complete.  I didn't want anything to take away from the shine of the embroidery.

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Crafts Galore Encore
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Not Just Cards
Petal Lu
World Wide Open DT

      I have a couple of posts scheduled for this week but the big day will be Friday when I'll have a total of 4 posts!  All of my DT work seemed to fall on the same day this time although only one is a regular Friday post.  The others were either for the 1st of the month or the 1st Friday and this month, they all came together on that day.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! You say simple, I say WHOA HOW FABULOUS! That variegated thread is something! I didn't even know there was such a thing. Makes me happy to see how much joy this new feature is pleasing you, and bring out a different form of creativity. It's a lovely card! hugs, de

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING, a Super design and a Gorgeous card, love your background paper too, you must have a lot of fun using your sewing machine to make something like this.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Connie, this is stunning!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow this looks amazing. Well done, nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge



Carole J said...

Such a beautiful card, Connie! I'm in awe of your creativity - these embroidered flowers are gorgeous and you've teamed them with lovely paper.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore August Challenge, “Anything Goes”. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
Carole x DT
Craftilicious Creations


Blue Daisy said...

This is gorgeous! Well done! Thank you for taking part in our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! good luck, Tracyx DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge in August. Hope to see you again next month.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Jacqueline Muller said...

Hi Nana Conie! So happy to see you joining World Wide Open Design Team Challenge. All the best of luck with your entry.

Jacqueline DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge