Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dancing Snowman

     Well, this was supposed to go live at 6:00 this morning but something happened with the pre-scheduling.  No matter, here it is now.

     This morning, I'm sharing with you a delightful, new-to-me, Dancing Snowman (From the Heart Stamps) and now I have a second Christmas card in the stash.  I've discovered I'm going to have to make 2 to 3 per week for the rest of the year in order to have enough for my Christmas needs.


I started with the sketch found at From the Heart Stamps.

Sketch156

     The snowman is colored with ProMarkers with spattered watercolors coloring the sky, then it's die cut with a stitched circle die from Die-namics.  I also cut the frame with a larger die from that same set.  I repeated that process with the sentiment.  I found that lovely pale blue, polka dot paper in my stash (how old?  who knows!) which worked for a snowflake background, then added strips of CS and the bow.  Fast, clean, simple and into the Christmas stash for one of the many guys in my family.  :-D

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Boots
Melonheadz Friends
Pile It On
Robyn's Fetish

     Thanks for visiting and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

12 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Cute, Cute, Cute, Connie. Of course if there is a snowman around I'm happy. LOL Enjoy the day.

jimlynn said...

Delightful!!! Love the cute snowman dancing to whatever music he's listening to.....maybe Frosty the Snowman? Love your card!
Lynn

Catie Cuddles said...

Cute and good luck with getting your Christmas cards done.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges .
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Cute and good luck with getting your Christmas cards done.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges .
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Dee's Craft Room said...

Your card is so cute, I love the cheeky snowman and the lovely polka dot paper aka snowy skies. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Melissa L. said...

Super fun, Connie. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards CAS Watercolor challenge.

Dawn said...

Cute little snowman & a great Christmas card! I love your take on the sketch too!
Hugs
Dawn cc

crafty said...

I love this fun snowman. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting From the Heart this week.
Mary

Robin Parker said...

Love your darling snowman image, he looks like a young teenager enjoying his music. Thanks for sharing on The Robyn's Fetish Challenge #320 - Children At Play

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!! I love the coloring and fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at From the Heart Stamps!
lyn

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card and great to see Christmas in June! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Kelly Schelske said...

What a super cute card! Love that snowman!

Thank for playing along wit us at FTHS!!

Hugs, Kelly